Dental Surgery for Oakville, ON’s Oral Issues
As professional oral care specialists, the doctors and staff at North Oakville Dental always evaluate a patient’s condition to determine the best treatment for his or her oral and overall health. At times, dental surgery may be necessary to resolve certain conditions or damage to the oral cavity. At our practice in Oakville, ON, we want you to feel comfortable knowing that our well-trained and caring team of dental practitioners handles every procedure with the utmost concern for your well-being. Dental surgery can involve the teeth, soft tissue, and bone, depending on the issues for which we consider surgical intervention. During your visit, we’ll discuss your condition and advise you on the best action to take.
Reasons for Dental Surgery
Dental surgery can be the best treatment plan for various oral issues. You might require surgical treatment due to an injury, a strange growth, or a condition like sleep apnea. While getting dental surgery might seem frightening, we tailor the procedure to keep you comfortable, and we only perform it if it’s necessary.
Some Common Conditions That May Require Dental Surgery Include:
- Wisdom Teeth – People’s third molars typically have alignment issues or don’t fully erupt, which results in them becoming impacted between the jawbone and gums. This problem can affect the welfare of the surrounding teeth, so we must remove the wisdom teeth.
- Dental Implants – Our dental care specialists surgically implant a titanium post into your jawbone, which fuses with the bone and serves as a foundation for an artificial tooth. This long-term treatment option is an excellent way to replace a missing tooth.
- Jaw Surgery – Problems with your appearance and jaw function can occur when your jaws aren’t aligned properly. Surgery is often a mandatory action to correct this issue and restore your jaws’ function.
- Biopsies – Dental surgeons will perform a biopsy when you have a lesion in your mouth. This procedure allows us to check for oral cancer, and it involves removing a small amount of tissue to send to a lab for analysis.
- Reconstructive Surgery – Reconstructive procedures treat many issues, including jawbone and gum damage, jaw joint issues, and damaged or missing teeth. Facial injuries and knocked-out teeth can make your everyday oral functions difficult.
- Sleep Apnea – When more conservative treatments don’t reduce or resolve your sleep apnea issues, an oral specialist may remove excess tissue from the back of your throat to alleviate the symptoms of the disorder.
Skilled Care for Your Surgical Needs
North Oakville Dental’s dentists and staff assure you that any procedures we recommend, whether they’re surgical or non-surgical, are the best treatment options to resolve your dental issues. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment and speak with our compassionate team about your current oral condition, and we’ll help you smile again.